Itinerary: 6 Days Self Drive 4x4 Car Tour Ha Giang Vietnam - 4WD Tour From Hanoi
Day 1, Hanoi – Vu Linh, 200 km, 5hr drive
- Meeting at the hotel then transfer by bus or taxi to Vietnamontrails’s Garage (Out skirt of Hanoi). Take the car and start the first day drive to Vu Linh, a small village located 200km in the Northeast of Hanoi.
- Mixture of smooth roads, dirt tracks and small paved roads going through local villages. Enjoy the Red river Delta scenery, farming lands. Meet the daily life in the wild environment. Lunch at a local restaurant or picnic in on route.
- Stay overnight and have special dinner with our friends of the Dao’s minority in a traditional stilt house.
Day 2, Vu Linh – Ha Giang, 200 km, 5 hr drive
- Keep driving up North to the high mountain region of Ha Giang, a small town located near China border.
- Mixture of small paved roads and village off-road tracks. Visit many ethnic minorities, including the Dao, H’mong, Tay, and Nung peoples along the way. Lunch in local restaurant. Good dinner and overnight at a nice little resort by the rive.
Day 3, Ha Giang – Dong Van – Meo Vac, 180km, 7hr drive
- Continue driving along the China border by taking a small twisty road goes up in the high mountain area, where living the Hmong and Dao minority peoples.
- Beautiful day with many stops for photos and visiting to small local villages along the way. Discover the highest and most beautiful mountain pass of Vietnam.
- Meo Vac is a small town, Capital of the Hmong peoples. Dinner and night at a small hotel.
Day 4, Meo Vac – Ba Be, 180km, 6hr drive
- Leaving the high mountain region. Drive downhill to get the lower land, country of the Tay peoples. Scenic route goes up and down over many passes.
- Drive across many streams and small river, a great day for off-road drive. Lunch picnic on route.
- Babe lake is the biggest nature Lake in north Vietnam, where the landscape is amazing and the home stay is another unique experience. Dinner and overnight in home stay of a Tay family.
Day 5, Visit Ba Be – Drive to Cao Bang, 4hr drive
- Boat trip to visit the lake and its National Park. The park and the surrounding area is limestone country, lakes, waterfalls, caves… The whole area is richly forested and home to many ethnic minority communities.
- Say goodbye to the family, then drive to Cao Bang, a small town where we have the last night of the tour.
Day 6, Cao Bang – Hanoi, 280km, 6 hr ride
- Staying off the main road for as long as possible. Head back towards the Red River Delta, passing through areas inhabited by Hmong, Dao, Tay and Nung minority peoples. A mixture of both challenging track and glorious sealed road all the way back to Hanoi. Tour finished at Vietnamontrails Garage.
TOUR COST FOR A FULL PACKAGE 6 DAYS TRIP
The following cost has been calculated in USD for a party from 1 – 30 people travelling together.
|Number of driver/passenger in a car||Tour cost|
|1 person drive in 1 car||$1.200 /person|
|2 persons drive 1 car||$900 /person|
|3 – 4 persons drive 1 car||$500 /person|
The full package tour costs are based on twin – share or triple – share accommodation. For single occupation, an extra charge of $20 – $30/night will be applied.
- Standard 4×4 Pickup Truck, year model 2014 – 2018 as Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger, Mazda BT50, Mitsubishi Triton, Toyota Hilux
- Material insurance for the car.
- Experienced 4×4 Tour – guide/Mechanic.
- Meals as mentioned: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor barbecue
- Accommodation (standard hotels 2 – 3 stars, Homestay, Camping)
- Entrance fee to the sight seeing during the trip.
- Drinking water during the driving time.
- Driving license translation fee
- International air tickets.
- Vietnam visa.
- Travel Insurance. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Optional Activities
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenditure such as telephone, laundry, shopping and any other services not clearly mentioned in the program
Hotel List: Be Confirmed when booking the trip.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
As per our company policy, booking will only be confirmed on receipt of advance deposit.
- Tour package:
- Single travel service such as car rental, air tickets bookings or hotel reservations:
Deposit and Payment
Deposit can be settled by cash or wire transfer 90 days at least before the departure. The balance can be paid by cash or credit cards upon your arrival in Vietnam.
There is no fee for any change or amendment you make prior to your final confirmation. Otherwise, amendment or cancellation fees may be charged (subject to Vietnamontrails tour supplier policy). Because we will launch the booking reservation immediately after we receive your final confirmation and starting from that point, service’s amendment/cancellation fees may be applied by our local service providers such as hotel, restaurants, airlines companies…
Please note that we will not charge you any fee if our service providers do not charge us.