12 Days 4WD Trip Around The Northern Vietnam - Organized road trips Vietnam
Itinerary: 12 Days 4WD Trip Around The Northern Vietnam - Organized road trips Vietnam
Day 1. Hanoi – Mai Chau . 170km, 5hr ride.
- 8.00AM, Meeting at your hotel and you will be transferred by mini bus to Vietnamontrails Garage, from there, you will take the car and start your first day drive to Mai Chau village.
- Mixture of good roads and small dirt tracks, village trails. Beautiful limestone mountain scenery of the Northwestern region.
- Lunch picnic on route.
- Overnight and special dinner in a local house of the Thais Minority family.
Day 2. Mai Chau – Son La, 200 km, 7 hr ride.
- Continue our drive up to the Northwest direction. Discover the off-road forgotten French trail left from the Indochina War time.
- Visit some local villages of minority peoples along the way. Lunch picnic.
- Arrive in Son la in the end of the day, Dinner and night at hotel.
Day 3. Son La – Mu Cang Chai, 180km, 6 hr ride
- Leaving the Western land and start to discover the Northeast region by taking a twisty mountain road.
- Stop to visit the biggest hydro-electric station of Vietnam on the Black river.
- Stop to enjoy the Hot spring source and have lunch with a family nearby.
- Dinner and night at Home-stay, Thai Family.
Day 4. Mu Cang Chai – Sapa. 200km, 5hr ride.
- Smooth road going straight towards the extreme northern massive mountain range of the country.
- Enjoy the view from the top of the highest road pass in Vietnam (Tram Ton Pass), over 2000m from the sea level.
- Good dinner and nice hotel.
Day 5. Sapa. Free time to relax or join a short walking tour around the area.
Day 6. Sapa – Bac Ha. 240km, 8 hr ride.
- Drive all the way downhill to Lao Cai town, make a short stop to visit the Chinese border. Enjoy the drive on a small smooth twisty road going along the Chinese border.
- Lunch in a small town. Arrive in Bac Ha in the afternoon, Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 7. Bac Ha – Ha Giang, 240km.
- Keep driving along the Chinese border. Enjoy the beauty of the thousand steps rice field on terraces. Lunch picnic on route.
- Dinner and overnight at a small hotel.
Day 8. Ha Giang – Ba Be lake, 240km.
- The scenic route climbs over many passes. Enjoy beautiful mountain ranges and valleys. Lunch picnic. Visit many small villages of the Hmong peoples.
- Babe lake National park is amazing and the home stay is another unique experience. Dinner and overnight in home stay of a Tay family
Day 9. Babe – Lang Son, 230km.
- Take a short boat trip to discover the Lake of Babe and its National Park, return to the village and start a 6 hr drive to Lang Son Town, a border City.
- Discover the historical French route No 4c left from the Indochina War. Many stop to visit villages and sites along the drive. Lunch picnic.
- Night and dinner at hotel in Lang Son.
Day 10. Lang Son – Halong Bay, 250km.
- Visit the Tam Thanh temple (If open). Drive along the Chinese border to discover the spectacular & historical road No 4. Arrive in Halong City in the afternoon, check in hotel, dinner in town, night at hotel.
Day 11, Halong Bay.
- Free time in the morning to discover the Halong City with its market and beach. By 12.00PM, check-in for a stunning boat cruise to discover the spectacular landscape of the Bay. Lunch served on boat. The cruise will take you by exotic islets with shapes of Dog, Incense Urn, Sail, Fighting Cocks, which are naturally formed by process of erosion between the see water and limestone mountains. Overnight on Boat.
Day 12, Halong Bay – Ha Noi, 170km.
- Continue the boat cruise , then return to the harbor, finish the boat trip and drive back to Hanoi by taking the main road going through the red river Delta.
- Arrive in Hanoi by 5 pm, tour ends.
TOUR COST FULL PACKAGE 12 DAYS TRIP
The following cost has been calculated in USD for a party from 1 – 30 people travelling together.
|Number of driver/passenger in a car||Tour cost|
|1 person drive in 1 car||$2.400 /person|
|2 persons drive 1 car||$1.800 /person|
|3 – 4 persons drive 1 car||$1.100 /person|
The full package tour costs are based on twin – share or triple – share accommodation. For single occupation, an extra charge of $20 – $30/night will be applied.
- Standard 4×4 Pickup Truck, year model 2014 – 2018 as Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger, Mazda BT50, Mitsubishi Triton, Toyota Hilux
- Material insurance for the car.
- Experienced 4×4 Tour – guide/Mechanic.
- Meals as mentioned: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor barbecue
- Accommodation (standard hotels 2 – 3 stars, Homestay, Camping)
- Entrance fee to the sight seeing during the trip.
- Drinking water during the driving time.
- Driving license translation fee
- International air tickets.
- Vietnam visa.
- Travel Insurance. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Optional Activities
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenditure such as telephone, laundry, shopping and any other services not clearly mentioned in the program.
- Hotel, Homestay List: Be Confirmed when booking the trip.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS:
As per our company policy, booking will only be confirmed on receipt of advance deposit.
- Tour package:
- Single travel service such as car rental, air tickets bookings or hotel reservations:
Deposit and Payment
Deposit can be settled by cash or wire transfer 90 days at least before the departure. The balance can be paid by cash or credit cards upon your arrival in Vietnam.
Here are our bank account details.
There is no fee for any change or amendment you make prior to your final confirmation. Otherwise, amendment or cancellation fees may be charged (subject to Vietnamontrails tour supplier policy). Because we will launch the booking reservation immediately after we receive your final confirmation and starting from that point, service’s amendment/cancellation fees may be applied by our local service providers such as hotel, restaurants, airlines companies…
Please note that we will not charge you any fee if our service providers do not charge us.